Friday, October 6, 2006

YIPPEE!!!

If you'll recall, I called the cardiologist some time ago. He never called me back. I called him a couple times after that, with no return call. It has been 4 months since he ordered the monitor on Zachy.
He finally called me on Monday, and honestly, I don't think he had even looked at the report, because once he hunted it down and called me back later in the day, he said, 'it's a bit concerning, his heart rate goes down in the 40s while he's asleep, so I think we should see him in December'.
Anyway, this disturbed us quite a bit. There were abnormalities on the report and he never called. Would he have called if I hadn't? Who knows.
At any rate, I called the pediatrician and told him what was going on. He said it was absurd of the card. not to call us when there was a heart rate that low. So we asked to be referred to a civilian card. Not that we think the outcome would be different or anything, we just like docs who COMMUNICATE.
We weren't sure it would be approved, and the ped. even seemed to think we would have a hard time with it. But, Praise the Lord, it was APPROVED!!! YIPPEE!!
I so long to be back with a civilian card. who pays attention to his patients! YAY!! Zachy goes in on November 21. I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...