Friday, January 13, 2006

This, that, and the other thing

Busy busy..that's what I've been.
On Friday's I try to do some deep cleaning in preparation for the Sabbath. So today, after school, the boys cleaned their play room nice and sparkling clean. Ok, not so sparkling, but clean enough to get a good dusting and vaccuuming done in there. The bathrooms all got a good scrubbing as well.
Anyhow, after Matt got off work we went out. I have started doing mystery shopping so we ran and did some shops. Two of which were on on base.
We are at a training base, and every weekend there are basic training graduations, which means tons of people.
Sitting behind us was a girl, with her dad, and her daughter. She obviously joined the air force to make a better life for her and her daughter. This happens often.
I am not sure where I stand on women in the military. I just seems so wrong to allow women to sign up for something where they could go off to war and be killed. That seems more of the man's thing.
OK, before you all yell at me, I have to say that I don't agree with the feminist movement. I think women belong at home, taking care of the kids and home. I would have fit well in Beaver's time, except I'm not quite as neat and tidy as Mrs. Cleaver.
So, I flip flop between thinking it is an admiral thing these women do, to make lives better for their kids. But how much better will it be if they go off to war and die?
Matt argues that men can take the place of women in the home. He says he would love to stay home with the kids and send me to work. I don't agree. I think we were created with specific roles, and those are: the man goes out to work and the woman stays home to take care of the kids. I can't help it, that's how I feel. And I don't think men can replace women, just as I don't think women can replace men in the workplace.
So all of that is to say that I really don't know how I feel about women in the military, only I guess I do, I disagree.
I'm not sure why any of it matters, because it really doesn't affect me, but what kind of world do we live in where it doesn't matter who fights the wars? What ever happened to women and children first. I'm assuming the thought behind that was that without women the human race would cease to exist. Although, without men that is true also. Maybe the women would just have to wait for the boys to grow up in that case.
I'm rambling. I'll hop off my soap box now.
Taddy the tadpole croaked today. I'm not sure he ever had a fighting chance to become a frog. So to replace him, we got Dillon a fire bellied toad. He's really cute, and now all the kids want one. I have a feeling we'll be investing in another aquarium to house frogs. Guess this is the life of boys, no?
That brings our pet population to 1 dog, 1 cat, 2 guinea pigs, a million fish, and 1 toad. Oh and speaking of fish, let me tell you a funny story real quick, then you can see our new froggy.
I got our aquarium for my birthday. Which was December 11. When we set it up, Dillon really wanted a dragon fish, but they were all sold out. So a week later we went back and got him one that was about 7 inches long.
Right before our company came for Christmas we cleaned out the tank. And suddenly the thing disappeared! We couldn't figure out where he went. The best we could guess was that he was up in one of the ornaments and Matt put it over the garbage disposal and it fell out. No way were either of us sticking our hands in there, we just turned on the disposal and let it rip!
We bought a new fish right before company arrived. It died 2 short days later. So we figured we were not meant to have dragon fish.
Lo and behold, the other day, we were feeding the fish and out comes this big mouth with teeth from under an ornament! He must have gotten buried under the rocks and then dug his way out.
So now he is out, alive and well. Crazy.
Ok, gotta run, Zachy's calling.
But first, here's our new froggy, who doesn't have a name yet!

1 comment:

Gina said...

well, I'm not a big feminist either, so they can also yell at me. LOL! my hubby doesnt think women should be allowed to go to war. he's been there with them on front lines and well, in his words, they dont have the balls for it. ;)
cute frog! Katlyn has been trying to talk us into guinea pigs, hamsters, ferrets, birds, frogs (her favorite thing), more fish (ours died, so gave the tank to my mom), and a dog. we have cats and that's what we're sticking with for now. LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...