Thursday, January 5, 2006

Rambles and Kid cuteness

Matt asked me why I put so much info in my blog. He has never read any of my blogs before. He said I divulge too much information.
This got me thinking. Why do I blog? Yes, I said it was to keep you all up to date on the kids. But really, it helps me sort through my thoughts. If you have been a long time reader of mine, you may remember me telling you it is hard for me to turn my mind off at night (I am a poster child for Lunesta, I'm telling ya!). Writing here helps me sort it out.
Like Japan for example. Matt says the chances of us even going are so slim. Yet, I wrote about it. Why? Because when he first mentioned it, I was like, "oh, heck no, we are NOT going there" But then I got to thinking about it more, and realized it might not be so so bad. But as Matt says, it is a moot point since we probably won't go.
So I guess the bottom line is this. If you are brave enough to get through all my other jibberish, I will give you some updates on the kids too. But I guess I just really need an outlet.
Now, onto some of that other stuff!
It has been so warm here. It is hard to believe that it could ever get cold. But alas, Zach's speech therapist told me the other day that it does indeed get cold! In fact, she says it gets downright icy! When I questioned as to the reality of that statement, she looked at me, eyes as big as saucers and downright serious and said, "oh yes, in February, like two whole days!"
It was all I could do to not die laughing!
Yesterday held much cuteness. Early in the morning, Dillon was singing a song called, "He's Still Working on me"
It goes like this~
He's still workin on me
to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars
the sun and earth and jupiter and mars.
How loving and patient He must be
cause He's still workin on me.~
So he's singing this at the top of his lungs and Matthew looked at him like he was a weirdo and said, "what in the world made you think of that song?!"
Dillon's reply?
"Oh nothing, I was just thinking about God" What an awesome kid he is!
Around that same time, Zachy came upstairs with a jar of spaghettios. He wanted that for breakfast. I, being the greatest mom in the universe, decided that I would pick my battles and let him eat them. He ate nearly a whole can. Silly kid.
And this is totally unrelated to anything, but my mom got Dillon this tadpole thing for his birthday back in October. It's like an antfarm, where you send away for the tadpoles. Well, we ordered 2, and 1 has already died. Anyway, we got them in November, and the stinkin thing still has no legs. I'm stumped, really as to why that would be. How long does it take? Sheesh.

1 comment:

Crayonsetc said...

What a totally awesome song!! And I totally agree... you need a place to vent!!! I am so glad you are blogging again!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...